Friday 28 November 2008

Available January

I've just discovered that my current contract, with a healthcare company in Hampshire, will not be extended beyond the end of the year. So, in the current economic climate, I've decided to start a blog in order to drum up more business.

My primary skills are in troubleshooting and tuning Oracle systems, from entire databases to individual SQL queries.

If you have an application running on an Oracle database and you need someone to investigate an issue on that system, get in touch.

"My name is Peter Moore. I am a professionally qualified and highly experienced database administrator with extensive knowledge and skills in Oracle database technologies from V5 to Oracle10gR2 gained over the past twenty years. I have experience working with various Oracle toolsets, on different platforms, demonstrating a hard-working, self-motivated attitude. I am approachable, enthusiastic, and an effective communicator."


As that bumpf, culled directly from my CV, shows, this blog is primarily intended to help me find work. If you require help with any Oracle RDBMS related activities, get in touch.

Key Skills:

Oracle versions 5 to 10gR2.
Platforms: Windows NT, Compaq/DEC OpenVMS, Sun Solaris, Hewlett Packard HP-UX, IBM AIX, Linux.
Installation, tuning, optimisation and monitoring of Oracle database instances, including migrations and upgrades.
Backup and recovery, both manual and using Recovery Manager (RMAN).
Database cloning using RMAN.
Oracle Dataguard and Oracle RAC configuration and administration.
Parallel query and parallel DML configuration and tuning.
SQL and PL/SQL coding, tuning and trouble-shooting.
SQL*Net and Oracle Names configuration.
SQL*Plus and the Enterprise Manager Grid Control suite of tools.
UNIX system administration on Sequent Dynix/ptx.
UNIX korn shell scripting.
Problem identification and solving.

No comments:

Post a Comment